Oklahoma DUI Attorney Josh Lee
Josh’s qualifications are second to none. You should compare his qualifications to those of all other attorneys you are considering hiring to represent you. It is a huge mistake to believe a DUI is just like any other criminal case and can be handled appropriately by any criminal defense attorney. For a complete look at Josh’s background click here to download his most recent C.V.
- Josh is a nationally recognized speaker on topics of DUI Defense. He has lectured to thousands of attorneys and judges from across the United States and Canada.
- Josh has given over 185 lectures in total, covering 22 different states and Canada.
- Josh has the ACS Forensic Lawyer-Scientist Designation as recognized by the Chemistry and the Law Division of the ACS. This honor recognizes attorneys who have attended the most rigorous scientific training available to attorneys anywhere in the world. It requires attendance of four multi-day training classes and passing of a very difficult scientific exam.
- Josh is a published author on the topics of Breath Testing and Gas Chromatography(GC). A GC is used to test blood for Alcohol and Drugs. His chapter on Gas Chromatography can be purchased on Amazon.
- Josh is 1 of 3 attorneys in the United States, and the only Oklahoma Attorney, who has been selected as an Assistant Chromatography Instructor for the American Chemical Society.
- Josh is a Charter Member of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association.
- Josh serves as the first President of the DUI Defense Lawyers Association’s Justice Foundation.
- Josh is a Forensic Science Co-Chairman for the Chemistry and the Law Division of the American Chemical Society.
- Josh is a Sustaining Member of the National College for DUI Defense.
- Josh is a member of the American Chemical Society and is a regular speaker at their National Meeting and Exposition.
- Josh is an Instructor of the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFSTs) as developed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (N.H.T.S.A.). These are the “roadside sobriety tests” that police officers will sometimes use to assist them in making an arrest determination and ultimately to assist them in securing a conviction. They consist of the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Test (HGN), the Walk and Turn Test, and the One Leg Stand Test.
- Josh is certified by the State of Oklahoma Board of Tests for Alcohol and Drug Influence as an Independent Operator of the Intoxilyzer 5000 & 8000. These devices are used by the State of Oklahoma to measure a person’s Breath Alcohol Content (BrAC).
- Josh was one of the first 12 attorneys in the nation to be trained by the American Chemical Society to operate, develop methods, and perform maintenance on a Gas Chromatograph. The Gas Chromatograph is the device used by the State of Oklahoma to test blood for alcohol and drugs for a DUI charge.
- Josh was the first attorney in Oklahoma to attend the American Chemical Society training on Gas Chromatography.
- Josh is the only Oklahoma attorney and one of less than 5 attorneys nation wide that has attended both of the American Chemical Society courses on Gas Chromatography. One course is for the scientists and the other is designed for attorneys.
- Josh is one of the few Oklahoma attorneys to receive formal training as a Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). This knowledge is an absolute necessity to defend a person accused of driving under the influence of drugs. (Yes, you can be charged even though you have a valid prescription!)
- Josh received Salutatorian honors at the 2009 Forensic Blood & Urine Seminar held in San Diego, California. This class was taught by many of the world’s foremost experts. This rigorous training covered areas such as Metrology; Forensic Laboratory Operation; Venipuncture; Hospital Blood Testing; Alcohol & Drug Blood Testing in a Toxicology Lab; Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Excretion of Alcohol; Pharmacological Aspects of Drugs; DNA Evidence; and Breath Testing just to name a few.
- Josh is a former 911 Dispatcher & Police Officer and he also worked in the Tulsa County District Attorney’s office. Josh has experience on literally all sides of the criminal justice system.
- Josh is a former member of the Association of Oklahoma Narcotic Enforcers (A-One). While he was an active member he attended A-One’s Specialized Narcotic & Dangerous Drug Training Course.